There are many areas that can potentially be contaminated with the antineoplastic and hormonal agents. It is important to check contamination levels in these frequently used areas.
USP 800 states:
Environmental wipe sampling for HD surface residue should be performed routinely (e.g., initially as a benchmark and at least every 6 months, or more often as needed, to verify containment). Surface wipe sampling should include:
- Interior of the C-PEC and equipment contained in it
- Pass-through chambers
- Surfaces in staging or work areas near the C-PEC
- Areas adjacent to C-PECs (e.g., floors directly under C-PEC, staging, and dispensing area)
- Areas immediately outside the HD buffer room or the C-SCA
- Patient administration areas
Results of the wipe studies are issued via email within 5-7 business days from the date your samples are received at our lab. If you need us to expedite results or meet your deadlines, we’re happy to do so.